Know about FC Barcelona Club,Spain
FC Barcelona club was founded by a student Joan Gamper,he is a Swiss football lover, on November 29th, 1899.The motto of Barcelona club is “Mes que un Club“(More than a Club) it is a symbol of Catalonia and its cuture. During this long journey with successful history,they have won 27 Copa del Rey trophies, 23 La Liga titles, 5 Champions Leagues and 4 Cup Winners Cups. FC Barcelona has one of the most popular and richest clubs in the world,they can able to be owned and financed exclusively by their own supporters.
Basic Facts about FC Barcelona
|FULL NAME||Futbol Club Barcelona|
|Founded||29 November 1899; 119 years ago|
|President||Josep Maria Bartomeu|
|Head coach/Manager||Ernesto Valverde|
|Leagues||UEFA Champions League, La Liga, Copa del Rey|
|Nick Names||Barca, Barcelona, Blaugrana|
History of FC Barcelona Club,Spain
In the year 1899 football lover Joan Gamper decided to form a football club.With the help of some enthusiasts responded to his newspaper advertisement and his dream became live and Barcelona was born.
Once the club started off its journey successfully and they losing to Bizcaya in the final of the inaugural Copa del Rey in the year 1902. Joan Gamper’s time in Barcelona has ended abruptly after he was deported from Spain because of some other political reasons.he was annoyed and after few years later he committed suicide.
At this critical situation Josep Sunyol had become the new director of FC Barcelona club. In this Fc Barcelona club has become a symbol of Catalan culture and Catalanism through the coming years, and their motto has “Mes que un club” (More than a club).
FC Barcelona is the most successful club in their Spain country, and they won official titles (82). In the year 2009,31st December Barcelona ranked first in the “All-Time Club World Ranking” announced by IFFHS.They become top of the 2012-13 UEFA club rankings also. After that the club has grown up and it is one of the most supported teams in the world, and they has largest fan base among all sports teams on all major social networks also.
Read More | World’s Top 30 Richest Football clubs 2016
FC Barcelona Home Grounds:
- Carretera deHorta grounds (1905–1909)
- Carrer de Muntaner grounds (1901–1905)
- Camp del Carrer Industria (1909–1922)
- Camp de Les Corts (1922–1957)
- Camp Nou (1957–till)
FC Barcelona Logo:
FC Barcelona timeline
|1899||Barcelona club is established.|
|1902||Winning the first club title (Copa Macaya).|
|1902||Reaching the final in the first Copa del Rey.|
|1905||Winning the Catalan football championship for the first time.|
|1910||Winning their first Copa del Rey trophy.|
|1957||Barcelona club move to the Camp Nou stadium.|
|1929||Winning their Primera Division in its first season.|
|1973||Johan Cruyff joins the club|
|1979||La Masia, the club’s youth academy, is founded.|
|1979||First European Cup Winners Cup title.|
|1982||Diego Maradona is transferred from Boca Juniors.|
|1992||First European Cup title.|
|2004||Lionel Messi make his debut in the first team.|
|2006||First Champions League title.|
FC Barcelona Main Trophies
- La Liga: 1928–29, 1944–45, 1947–48, 1948–49, 1951–52, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1959–60, 1973–74, 1984–85, 1990–91, 1991–92, 1992–93, 1993–94, 1997– 98, 1998–99, 2004–05, 2005–06, 2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11, 2012–13, 2014–15, 2015–16, 2017–18
- Copa del Rey: 1909–10, 1911–12, 1912–13, 1919–20, 1921–22, 1924–25, 1925–26, 1927–28, 1941–42, 1950–51, 1951–52, 1952–53, 1956–57, 1958–59, 1962–63, 1967–68, 1970–71, 1977–78, 1980–81, 1982–83, 1987–88, 1989–90, 1996–97, 1997–98, 2008–09, 2011–12, 2014–15, 2015–16, 2016–17, 2017– 18
- European Cup: 1991–92
- UEFA Champions League: 2005–06, 2008–09, 2010–11, 2014–15
- UEFA Cup Winners’ Cup: 1978–79, 1981–82, 1988–89, 1996–97
Josep Samitier, Laszlo Kubala, Paulino Alcantara, Johan Cruyff, Bernd Schuster, Andoni Zubizarreta, Diego Maradona, Jose Mari Bakero, Julio Salinas, Luis Enrique, Gary Lineker, Hristo Stoichkov, Michael Laudrup, Ronald Koeman, Luis Figo, Romario, Deco, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Patrick Kluivert, Ronaldinho, Carles Puyol, Xavi Hernandez, Andres Iniesta, Gerard Pique, Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez
FC Barcelnoa Team Records
- Most number of total games played by Xavi presently holds the team record 767
- Lionel Messi is the Barcelona’s highest goalscorer in all competitions with 594 goals
- Laszlo Kubala has made the La Liga record for most goals scored in one match, with 7 goals against Sporting de Gijon in the year 1952
- Barcelona goalkeepers made a record to won most number of Zamora trophies as 20.
- Jack Greenwell is the Barcelona’s longest serving manager with nine years in two spells 1917 to 1924 and 1931 to 1933
- Barcelona’s Camp Nou is the largest stadium in Europe and the highest ground attendance was 120,000 in a European Cup quarter final match against Juventus on 3 March 1986.
Barcelona Current Playing Squad
|1||GK||Marc-Andre ter Stegen|
|20||DF||Sergi Roberto (4th captain)|
Get latest all news about Football and Barcelona club Keep eye on this website.