Matthew Wade is an Australian cricketer and wicket keeper of all the three forms of International cricket. Matthew became the specialist middle order batsman but initially he was the test wicket keeper. He captains the International cricket for the first time in 2020 December. Then he captains the Twenty20 International match when Aaron Finch was dismissed due to injury.
Australian Cricket Player Matthew Wade Profile:
|Full Name||Matthew Scot Wade|
|Date Of Birth||26 December 1987|
|Birth Place||Hobart, Tasmania, Australia|
|Batting Style||Left Handed Bat|
|Jersey Number||#13, #63|
Matthew Wade Physical Statics :
|Eye Color||Hazel Blue|
|Chest Size||41 inches|
|Waist Size||33 Inches|
Matthew Wade Family & Relationships :
|Father Name||Scott Wade|
|Mother Name||Not Known|
|Spouse Name||Julia Barry|
|Daughter Name||Winter Wade|
Read more | Steve Smith Cricketer Biography
Biography Of Matthew Wade :
Matthew Wade Childhood :
The Australian Left handed batsman was a colour blind and because of that he faces various difficulties in the field. He was affected by testicular cancer at the age of 16. After two rounds of Chemotherapy he was recovered from the disease. From his age 19 he used to play Aussie rules football along with cricket. In 2006 he participate the Under-19 Cricket World Cup and also he became the vice-captain of the Tassie Mariners in the TAC Cup in Aussie rules.
The left handed batsman thinks that he can’t be a successful person in football because of his low height so he took cricket as his career. He made his first class debut in the year 2007, with 83 runs and 6 catches.
Also Read | Aaron Finch Cricket Player Biography
Matthew Wade Early Life :
Matthew was the son of former footballer Scott Wade, who played for Hawthorn in the Victorian Football League. He made his first class century in the season 2008-2009 and his massive contribution of 96 runs in the victory of Victoria gives him the man of the match award. In his IPL career he was bought by Delhi Daredevils in 2011. When the Cricket Tasmania decides to remove George Balley to make him focus on batting, the team selects Wade as the captain of Tasmania during the middle of 2008-2009 seasons.
Read More | Virat Kohli Family Photos
Matthew Wade Career Information :
- Test debut : Apr 07, 2012 vs West Indies at Kensington Oval
- Last Test : On Jan 03, 2020 vs New Zealand at Sydney Cricket Ground
- ODI debut : On Feb 05, 2012 vs India at Melbourne Cricket Ground
- Last ODI : On Oct 01, 2017vs India at Vidarbha Cricket Association Ground
- T20 debut : On Oct 13, 2011 vs South Africa at Newlands
- Last T20 : On Dec 06, 2020 vs India at Sydney Cricket Ground
- IPL debut : On Apr 17, 2011 vs Pune Warriors at Dr DY Patil Sports Academy
- Last IPL : On May 21, 2011 vs Pune Warriors at Arun Jaitley Stadium
Achievements Of Matthew Wade :
- In 2006 he played for Tasmania Tigers.
- In 2006 he participated in the Under 19 Cricket World Cup.
- In 2007 he moved to Victoria.
- In 2008 he scored his maiden first class century.
- In 2009 he gave a massive contribution to the win of Victoria.
- In 2011 he joined Delhi Daredevils.
- In 2015 he scored a highest first class score till now.
- In 2017 he made his first ODI against Pakistan.
- In 2019 he got qualified in the Australian World Cup.
Also Read | David Warner Cricketer Biography
Matthew Wade Batting Career
Records Of Matthew Wade :
- In his debut T20I match he scored 72 and won the man of the match title.
- In 2011-2012 series he scored 67 in his 69 balls and won his second man of match awards.
- In 2017 Wade did his maiden over in test cricket.
Awards Of Matthew Wade :
- Man of the Match Award.
Matthew Wade on Social Media:
- INSTAGRAM : matthewwade13
- TWITTER : matthewwade13
Matthew Wade Hobbies & Favourites :
- Hobbies : Fishing, Playing Golfs
- Favourite Sports : Golf, Basketball