The American tennis player Serena Williams is the former No 1 women’s single in tennis. She got 23 Grand Slam Singles titles more than any other player in the open era and second player of all times after Margarent Court who had 24 Grand Slam titles. In 2002 she was ranked no 1 for the first time. After Steffi Graf and Martina Navratilova she holds the third position in the open era among female players.
Also Read | Ashleigh Barty Tennis Player Biography
American Tennis Player Serena Williams Profile:
|Full Name||Serena Jameka Williams|
|Nick Name||Meka, Momma Smash|
|Date Of Birth||26 September 1981|
|Birth Place||Saginaw, Michigan, U.S.A|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Serena Williams Family & Relationships :
|Father Name||Richard Williamsv|
|Mother Name||Oracene Price|
|Sister Name||Venus Williams|
|Spouse Name||Alexis Ohanian|
|Daughter||Alexis Olympia Ohanian Jr.|
Read more | Rafael Nadal Tennis Player Biopgraphy
Biography Of Serena Williams :
Serena Williams Childhood : Serena was born in Saginaw and she was the youngest daughter to their parents. At the very small age 4 she started playing tennis and her father make her and his sister Venus to complete their schoolings at home. When she reached nine she went to the academy of Rick Macci. After reaching the number 1 position in Under 10 players in Florida her father Richard stop sending their daughters to the academy and starts coaching in their own home.
She made his professional debut match in her age of 14 in 1995, there she lost in the first round. In 1999 Serena beats her sister Venus and took her first US Open title. In 2008 Serena and her sister won the second women’s double Olympic gold medal.
Read More | Men’s Tennis Rankings 2020
Carrier Of Serena Williams :
Serena won 23 titles in Singles, 14 in doubles and 2 in mixed doubles. She also won three Olympic goal medals in women’s double and one gold medal in Women’s singles. In 2020 Women Tennis Association ranked her number 10 in the world level.
In 2012 the Williams Sisters grab their fourth gold medal in Olympics .In 2016 Serena won her Singles title in Wimbledon and with her sister they also won the doubles title in Wimbledon. In 2017 she defeats Venus and won her 23rd Grand Slam title in Australian Open later she praised her sister Venus that,” she was her inspiration and without Venus Williams sisters will not be existed”.
Achievements of Serena Williams :
- In 1998 she won the mixed double title in Wimbledon and US Open.
- In 1999 she won the Single title in U.S Open and doubles title in French Open and U.S. Open.
- In 2000 she won the doubles title in Wimbledon.
- In 2002 she won the Singles title in French Open, Wimbledon and U.S Open.
- In 2002 she won the doubles title in Wimbledon.
- In 2003 she won the Singles and double title in Australian Open .
- In 2005 and 2007 she won the Australian Open.
- In 2008 she won the U.S Open.
- In 2009 she won the Australian and Wimbledon.
- In 2010 she won the Australian and Wimbledon.
- In 2012 she won the Wimbledon and U.S. Open.
- In 2013 she won the French Open and U.S. Open.
- In 2014 she won the U.S. Open.
- In 2015 she won the Australian Open, French Open and Wimbledon.
- In 2016 she won Wimbledon.
- In 2017 she won the Australian Open
Also Read | Roger Federer Tennis Player Biography
Records Of Serena Wiliams :
- In the open era she won the most Grand Slams.
- Only player to won three different slams six times.
- Served more aces in Single tournament.
- Ranked no 1 for most continuous weeks.
- Oldest player to win a slam.
- Oldest player to ranked no 1.
Awards Of Serena Williams :
- Best Female Tennis Player ESPY Award.
- Teen Choice Award for Choice Female Athlete.
- Best Female Athlete ESPY Award.
- Sports Illustrated Sportsperson of the Year.
- Laureus World Sports Award for Sportswoman of the Year.
- Laureus World Sports Award for Comeback of the Year.
- Associated Press Female Athlete of the Year.
- NAACP Image Award – President’s Award.
- People’s Choice Award for Favorite Game Changer.
- Glamour Award for The Athlete.
- Glamour Award for W Channel Sportswoman.
- BET Award for Sportswoman of the Year.
- Shorty Award for Best in Sports.
Serena Williams on Social Media:
- INSTAGRAM : @serenawilliams
- TWITTER : @serenawilliams
- FACEBOOK : @serenatennisworld
Serena Williams Hobbies and Favourites :
- Hobbies : Acting, Reading, Watching Movies
- Favourite Shot : Forehead
- Favourite Food : Fried Chicken Sushi
- Favourite Film : Mama-There’s a man in your bed
- Favourite Singer : Mariah Carey and Brandy