Shane Watson is a former International Cricketer born to Bob and Barb Watson in Queensland Australia. He was famously called as ‘Watto’ and he led the team as an Occasional Captain in all formats. This right handed batsman played for Australia’s National Cricket Team. He was also a right-handed fast- medium swing bowler. He was the first Australian player to score International centuries in all the three formats of Cricket..
Australia Cricket Player Shane Watson Profile:
|Full Name||Shane Robert Watson|
|Nick Name||Watto and White Shark|
|Date Of Birth||17 June 1981|
|Birth Place||Ipswich, Queensland, Australia|
|Playing Role||Batting, All-rounder|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm-fast medium|
|Batting Style||Right-hand Batsman|
Shane Watson Physical Statics :
|Eye Color||Light Blue|
Shane Watson Family & Relationships :
|Father Name||Bob Watson|
|Mother Name||Barb Watson|
|Sister Name||Nicole Watson|
|Spouse Name||Lee Furlong|
|Kids Name||Matilda Victoria Watson, William Watson|
Read more | Steve Smith Cricketer Biography
Biography Of Shane Watson :
Childhood of Shane Watson : In his early 20, he gave an extraordinary performance in the Pura Cup, Australia and undoubtedly it was the turning point of his career. He was displayed in the view of selectors through that game. In the beginning he left his home state of Queensland and played for Tasmania but when his International career begins he came back to his own state. In 2002 he was called for the ODI senior team and he played 137 first class matches and scored 9,451 runs.
Early Stage of Shane Watson :
In the beginning of the IPL he was signed to Rajasthan Royals. He was the leading run scorer and third wicket keeper of his team. His contribution was in great level in his team Rajasthan Royals. In the year 2013 Shane Watson made his first century (101) against Chennai Super Kings. In 2015 against Kolkata Knight Riders he scored 104. During the Banned period of two years in Rajasthan Royals, Shane played for RCB under the captaincy of Virat Kohli later in 2018 he joined CSK and played for this team till now.
Shane Watson Played Teams :
Australia, Rajasthan Royals, New South Wales, Sydney Sixers, Brisbane Heat, Australians, Hobart Hurricanes, Canterbury, Sydney Thunder, Islamabad United, Royal Challengers Bangalore, St Lucia Zouks, Dhaka Dynamites, Chennai Super Kings, Quetta Gladiators, Sindhis, Amsterdam Knights, Deccan Gladiators, Rangpur Rangers, Gilchrist XI.
Read More | Aaron Finch Bowler Biography
Shane Watson Career Information :
- Test debut : On Jan 02, 2005 vs Pakistan at Sydney Cricket Ground
- Last Test : On Jul 08, 2015 vs England at Sophia Gardens
- ODI debut : On Mar 24, 2002 vs South Africa at SuperSport Park
- Last ODI : On Sep 05, 2015 vs England at Lord’s
- T20 debut : On Feb 24, 2006 vs South Africa at The Wanderers Stadium
- Last T20 : On Mar 27, 2016 vs India at Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium
- IPL debut : On Apr 19, 2008 vs Delhi Capitals at Arun Jaitley Stadium
- Last IPL : On Oct 07, 2020 vs Kolkata Knight Riders at Sheikh Zayed Stadium
Also Read | David Warner Cricketer Biography
Shane Watson Batting & Fielding Records
Shane Watson Bowling Career
Achievements of Shane Watson :
- At the age of 19 he played for Tasmania.
- At the age of 21 he done his ODI debut against South Africa.
- At the age of 24 he made his test debut against Pakistan.
- At the age of 24 he got selected for Ashes for the first time.
- At the age of 25 he won the champions trophy.
- At the age of 27 he joined Rajasthan Royals & won the IPL.
- At the age of 28 he made his maiden test century against Pakistan.
- At the age of 31 he become the man of the tournament.
- At the age of 34 he won the 50 over world cup.
- At the age of 35 he joined in Royal Challengers Bangalore.
- At the age of 37 he was snatched by Chennai Super Kings & won the IPL.
Records Of Shane Watson :
- Highest ODI score against Bangladesh in 2011.
- He was the only player to score half a century in T20 match.
- In 2012 T20 he scored highest runs, wickets and sixes.
- In ICC event he won 4 consecutive man of the match award.
- He was the first player to hit a century in a match and take wicket in the same T20 match.
- In T20 he ranked number 1 for both the batting and all rounder.
- He was the only player to won the man of the match award twice in the IPL.
- For the Australian test, ODI and T20I, he was the only player to won the Australian player of the year award.
Also Read | Glenn Maxwell Cricket Player Biography
Awards Of Shane Watson :
- In 2008 he become the man of the tournament.
- In 2009 he become the man of series and won champions trophy.
- In 2012 he become the man of the series and won world T20.
- In 2013 he become the most valuable player.
- In 2010 and 2011 he won the Allan Border Medal.
Shane Watson on Social Media:
- INSTAGRAM : @srwatson33
- TWITTER : @shanerwatson33
- FACEBOOK : @shanewatsoncricket
Shane Watson Hobbies & Favourites :
- Hobbies : Playing Guitar and singing
- Favourite Batsman : Viv Richards, Chris Gayle, Virat Kohli, Mike Hussay, Steve Waugh, Mark Waugh, and Brett Lee
- Favourite Bowler : Glenn Mcgrath and Brett Lee
- Favourite Food : Rajasthani Lamb dish, roasted chicken, and pizza
- Favourite Destinations : Maldives, Jaipur and Kenya
- Favourite Actor : Russell Crowe
- Favourite Actress : Jacinta Stapleton