Thomas William Maxwell Latham is a New Zealand International cricketer who was famously known as Tom Latham. In National test cricket and One day Internationals he was selected as a vice-captain. In 2020 he was qualified as the captain of the New Zealand team in test cricket. He was appointed as a captain in his young 25 and under his captaincy the team won 5 times out of total 6..
Also Read | Check Out Cricket Player Profiles
New Zealand Cricketer Tom Latham Profile:
|Full Name||Thomas William Maxwell Latham|
|Date Of Birth||2 April 1992|
|Birth Place||Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand|
|Playing Role||Batsman, Wicket- keeper|
|Bowling Style||Right arm medium|
|Eye Colour||Light Green|
Tom Latham Family & Relationships :
|Father Name||Rod Latham|
|Brother Name||Mathew Latham|
|Spouse Name||Nicole McAuley|
Read more | David Warner Cricketer Biography
Biography Of Tom Latham :
Tom Latham Childhood : Tom Latham’s father Rod Latham was the former cricketer of New Zealand. His son played many games for Canterbury like him, Tom also captained the Canterbury U-19 team in the year 2008. During the tournament in Sri Lanka he was awarded the man of the match award and he led his team to victory by his massive scores.
He was good in batting as well as in Wicket keeping. In 2010 he made his first class cricket debut and played for Canterbury from his teen age.
Tom Latham Early life : In 2012 he made his ODI debut and got selected for the One Day International match against the team Zimbabwe. In the same year he did his T20 debut and he made his contribution as a wicket keeper. In 2014 he made his test match debut against India. In 2014 West Indies tournament Latham scored three half centuries and 288 runs by playing all three tests and two T20s. same year he scored his first century against Pakistan, he hit 103 runs in that match.
We can understand his skill in spin bowling by his performance in the tournament of New Zealand against India in 2007. He scored 103 from 102 balls and his successful shots defeat the opponents and grab the victory for his team.
Teams Played : New Zealand, New Zealand A, Scotland, Canterbury, Kent, Durham, New Zealand XI.
Read More | Hardik Pandya Cricketer Biography
Tom Latham Career Information :
- Test debut : On Feb 14, 2014 vs India at Basin Reserve
- Last Test : On Feb 29, 2020 vs India at Hagley Oval
- ODI debut : On Feb 03, 2012 vs Zimbabwe at University Oval
- Last ODI : On Mar 20, 2020 vs Australia at Bellerive Oval
- T20 debut : On Jun 30, 2012 vs West Indies at Central Broward Regional Park Stadium Turf Ground
- Last T20 : On Nov 01, 2017 vs India at Arun Jaitley Stadium
Also Read | KL Rahul Cricketer Biography
Tom Latham Batting Career
Also Read | AB De Villiers Cricketer Biography
Tom Latham Awards :
- Man of the match award.
- Best Batsman Award.
- Winsor Cup.
- Redpath Cup
- First class Honors at NZC awards.
Records Of Tom Latham :
- In 2013 he was awarded for his excellent performance of 86 runs against Sri Lanka.
- In 2014 he become the second person to score more runs against West Indies.
- In 2017 against India he made a 200 run progress with his team mate.
Also Read | Virat Kohli Family Photos With Anushka Sharma
Tom Latham on Social Media:
- INSTAGRAM : @tomlatham2
- TWITTER : @tomlatham2
- FACEBOOK : @tomlathamofficial
Tom Latham Hobbies and Favourites :
- Hobbies : Playing Golf.
- Favourite Music : Instrumental- Western
- Favourite Sports : Baseball
- Favourite Food : Mexican
- Favourite Colour : Cadmium violet
- Favourite Actor : Ranveer Singh
- Favourite Fruit : Durian, Cherries
- Favourite Destinations : USA and Rio de Janeiro