Victoria Azarenka is a Belarusian professional tennis Player and former World number 1 singles. She has won 21 WTA singles title with two Grand Slam Singles title. In the Grand Slam tournament she was the first Belarusian player men or women to win the title. In doubles she won 8 WTA doubles title and won 3 titles in mixed doubles. According to Forbes she was the fourth highest paid female athlete in 2013.
Also Read | Women’s Tennis Rankings 2020
Belarusian Tennis Player Victoria Azarenka Profile:
|Full Name||Victoria Fyodorovna Azarenka|
|Date Of Birth||31 July 1989|
|Birth Place||Victoria Fyodorovna Azarenka|
Victoria Azarenka Family & Relationships :
|Father Name||Fedor Azarenka|
|Mother Name||Alla Azarenka|
|Brother Name||Max Azarenka|
Read more | Naomi Osaka Tennis Player Biography
Biography Of Victoria Azarenka :
Childhood life of Victoria Azarenka :
Azarenka born in a middle class family to Alla and Fedor and she has an elder brother whose name was Max. Former tennis player Steffi Graf was her tennis idol and Steffi’s calendar Golden Slam in 1988 was her biggest motivation. Azarenka moved to United States from Belarus for her training and they lived there.
In 2003 she did her debut on the ITF Junior tour at Israel. At the end of the 2004 she touches the 508th position in WTA singles tour. 2005 becomes the lucky year for her and she grabs two junior grand slams. She becomes the world number 1 player in the same year and she becomes the first Belarusian to reach the grand slam championship.
Read More | Men’s Tennis Rankings 2020
Carrier of Victoria Azarenka :
In 2012 at summer Olympics in London she won the bronze medal in singles tournament. She is one of the players to have a clash very often with Serena Williams in these 10 years. In 2015 she won her first Grand Slam title by defeating Maria Sharapova in the Australian Open. Same year she upgrades her position from No 3 to No 1. In 2016 due to her pregnancy she didn’t participate in any much of the tournaments that year. And by the end of the year she gave birth to his son Leo.From 2012 to 2014 Azarenka dated Redfoo, the American Musician but later they both separated. Azarenka and her former boyfriend Billy McKeague have one son Leo who was born in 2016.
Previously she was engaged to World famous golfer Rory McIlroy but their relationship didn’t works and both separate in 2014. Now she is married to David lee, who was a former NBA player. They both got engaged in 2007 and later two years they married in the year 2009.
Also Read | Serena Williams Tennis Player Biography
Records Of Victoria Azarenka :
- In 2003 she did her debut in IFT Junior tour.
- In 2004 she reached the rank of 508 on the WTA singles tour.
- In 2005 she won two junior Grand Slams.
- In 2005 she become the first Belarusian to won the Grand Slam title.
- In 2009 she becomes the sixth teenage female singles champion in the history of Sony Ericsson tournament
- In 2012 she won the bronze medal at London Olympics
- In 2016 at Brisbane International she won the title without losing any set in the entire tournament
Awards Of Victoria Azarenka :
- WTA Comeback Player of the year.
- WTA Player Awards
Also Read | Ashleigh Barty Tennis Player Biography
Victoria Azarenka on Social Media :
- INSTAGRAM : @vichka35
- TWITTER : @vika7
- FACEBOOK : @VictoriaAzarenka
Victoria Azarenka Hobbies and Favorites :
- Hobbies : Surfing, Paddle Boarding
- Favourite Shot : Back hand
- Favourite Surface : hardcourts
- Favourite Cities : Hometown of Minsk and New York city
- Favourite Tennis Player : Roger Federer